IT Engineer / Technical Support Engineer. A Chippenham based IT solutions firm need an IT Support Engineer / Technical Support Engineer to join the team. Tasks include:
- Project work: migration to cloud, reducing infrastructure maintenance.
- Support of Business-Critical services.
- User Support: desktop support for laptops including application support (e.g. MS Office) where needed.
- Application and server support: break fix and configuration of servers and applications, Exchange, SharePoint, CRM, JIRA, Confluence, Sage products
- Infrastructure Support: cabling, switches, firewalls, printers, TVs etc.
- Proactive maintenance: backups, generator, UPS, daily checks, updates.
- 3rd line support for the Services Team.
This IT Support Engineer / Technical Support Engineer role needs this experience:
- Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, NAT, ATP, Firewalls, security devices, switch/device management and configuration
- Active Directory: deployment, configuration and management of multiple domains, trusts, GPOs, WSUS etc.
- Microsoft Exchange: deployment, configuration and maintenance in a clustered setting
- Microsoft SharePoint/IIS: deployment, configuration and maintenance Microsoft Exchange: deployment, configuration and maintenance in a clustered setting
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 upwards: deployment, configuration and maintenance
- Database / SQL: Management
The IT Support Engineer / Technical Support Engineer will work in fantastic offices with lots of facilities and will work for a company with loads of training and development opportunities, where there is a wealth of resource available to help you on this cloud focused path from the moment you join, including on-line Pluralsight learning and on the job training, along with direct support from their DevOps experts and support towards career enhancement through professional qualifications relevant to your role.
These are exciting times as the client pushes towards a cloud centric model introducing new projects to migrate their services from “on premise” to cloud. To help them achieve successful migration they need a dynamic and experienced IT Engineer / Technical Support Engineer who has a broad foundation of IT knowledge, and is driven by learning new skills, technologies and evolving their approach to work.
The IT Engineer / Technical Support Engineer will need to be capable of keeping the company’s systems, people and customers running to their usual high standard, whilst helping to implement their successful migration to cloud services. Once they have been fully migrated the IT Engineer / Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for keeping the services running, and expanding the platforms as you scale to meet the demands of their growing team and customer base, along with keeping the on premise infrastructure operational.
The IT Engineer / Technical Support Engineer skills needed are:
- Logical and methodical problem solving, with the ability to hold on to the bigger picture whilst diving into technical depths.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills. Ability to interact comfortably with senior managers and other levels of personnel both internally to the Company and externally.
- Ability to produce accurate written documentation of the highest standard and quality.
- Proven experience of working in a fast-moving environment where ability to deliver is paramount.
- Uses an excellent foundation level understanding of IT to learn new skills and technology quickly.
The IT Engineer / Technical Support Engineer salary is £35k negotiable depending on experience + excellent benefits
Proactive People is an employment agency and employment business