Informix Database Developer / SQL Developer
Informix Database Developer / SQL Developer. A Reading based claims firm requires an Informix Database Developer / SQL Developer to join the team on a 6 month contract.
It is absolutely critical that the Informix Database Developer / SQL Developer is strong in Informix 4GL and has SQL Server ETL skills.
On the SQL Server side we do not want solely a SSRS / SSAS reporting expert at all – we want the solid ETL / Stored procedure experience. Ultimately the role is to provide support and maintenance to the company’s existing Informix 4GL / SQL estate whilst also working to remove this and help our database architect with data migrations off Informix.
The Informix Database Developer / SQL Developer will:
- Support and maintenance of Informix 4GL / SQL programs as required.
- Support and maintenance of Unix (HPUX and RHEL) shell scripts as required.
- Understand existing Informix 4GL programs to help design migration to SQL Server.
- Database analysis, design and modelling to help design migration to SQL Server.
- 3rd line support – problem solving and data fixing for all aspects of the business in event of data problems.
The Informix Database Developer / SQL Developer key responsibilities include:
- To proactively monitor and maintain the database and batch processes to ensure the highest possible application availability and database integrity.
- To implement database amendments in line with project timescales.
- To work with others in the development team to design migration of remaining Informix 4gl programs to SQL Server
- To deliver MI solutions to the business to strict time scales.
- Document all new procedures on an ongoing basis.
The Informix Database Developer / SQL Developer required skills and experience are:
- Strong and current Informix 4GL programming experience is critical (batch processing / data conversion environments)
- Working knowledge of Informix DBA practices and procedures (IDS 11.70 and above) is desirable.
- SQL Server ETL skills (T-SQL / Stored Procedures) would be advantageous.
- Business Objects Designer experience would be of benefit.
- Communication skills – phone, written and verbal. This position will involve regular contact with senior members of staff as part of the design of the migration.
- Advanced MS Excel data manipulation skills (VB macro experience desirable)
The Informix Database Developer / SQL Developer rate is negotiable £400-500 a day depending on experience.
Proactive People is an employment agency and employment business