IT Support Engineer / Technical Support / Cloud Engineer
IT Support Engineer / Technical Support / Cloud Engineer. A Chippenham based IT solutions provider need a talented engineer with a proven knowledge of cloud solutions ranging from Office 365 through to Kubernetes and microservices.
Based just outside Chippenham, in a lovely rural setting, away from the rat-race the company provide excellent facilities, such as a Gym and shower room, a 60” TV with a Nintendo Switch, pool and foosball tables, music jam room and a large garden complete with a BBQ. Due to the location the IT Support Engineer / Technical Support / Cloud Engineer will need own transport.
The IT Support Engineer / Technical Support / Cloud Engineer will work 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday and benefit from:
- £30-35k salary
- Death in service
- Income protection
- Medical insurance
- Travel insurance
- Enterprise Pluralsight subscription
- Support towards relevant tech qualifications
- Shared learning / training focused environment
The IT Support Engineer / Technical Support / Cloud Engineer will need the following skills:
- Logical and methodical problem solving, with the ability to hold on to the bigger picture whilst diving into technical depths.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills. Ability to interact comfortably with senior managers and other levels of personnel both internally to the Company and externally.
- Able to produce accurate written documentation of the highest standard and quality.
- Proven experience of working in a fast-moving environment where ability to deliver is paramount.
- Uses an excellent foundation level understanding of IT to learn new skills and technology quickly.
The IT Support Engineer / Technical Support / Cloud Engineer will need the majority of the following:
- Cloud technologies: Azure IaaS, AKS, ACI, ACR, networking
- Microsoft Office 365, Exchange, SharePoint, CRM
- Scripting (PowerShell, Bash)
- Microsoft Server 2012R2 through to 2019
- Atlassian Stack: Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Service Desk
- Firewall/Security Device configuration: IPv4 networking, VLANs, NAT, ATP
- Active Directory: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, GPO, VPN, IPsec tunnels, WSUS
- Vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, security benchmarks
- Microsoft Hyper-V including failover and VMware vSphere
- Database and SQL
- Microsoft Windows 10
- ELK elastic stack (desirable)
- Sage Products (desirable)
- Mobile OS and devices (desirable)
- MCSE, MCSA or equivalent (desirable)
The IT Support Engineer / Technical Support / Cloud Engineer will be tasked with:
- Project work: migration to cloud, reducing infrastructure maintenance.
- Support of Business-Critical services.
- Network Support: switch configurations, VLANs, Firewalls, UTMs.
- Application and server support: break fix and configuration of servers and applications, Exchange, SharePoint, CRM, JIRA, Confluence, Sage products
- User Support: desktop support for laptops including application support where needed.
- Infrastructure Support: cabling, switches, firewalls, printers, TVs etc.
- Proactive maintenance: backups, generator, UPS, daily checks, updates.
- 3rd line support for the Services Team.
The IT Support Engineer / Technical Support / Cloud Engineer salary is £30-35k + benefits
Proactive People is an employment agency and employment business